Jesus is the head of the Church; we aim to glorify Him in all we do and become more and more like Him.
- We are passionate about living a life of worship and obedience to Him.
- We engage in conversational prayer with Him and respond to His voice.
- We seek God’s guidance in the decisions we make.
- We are empowered by the Holy Spirit and in our mission to make disciples.
Colossians 1:18, Eph. 1:16-23, Matt. 28:18-20, Hebrews 12:1-2, Mark 1:17-18, Col. 3:17 (AMP), 1 Timothy 1:15-17, Luke 7:46-47
PURSUIT OVER PERFECTION
Following Jesus can be a beautiful mess, but it’s better than playing church perfect.
Demonstrated by: - We are a healing refuge for broken people.
- We give as much as we know about ourselves to as much as we know about the Lord.
- We trust the Holy Spirit to do His work of conforming people to the image of Christ.
- Pursuing real relationships over perfect programs.
- We foster an authentic environment where people feel safe enough to take risks in faith.
The work of the Church outside the building is equally as important as the work inside.
- We are uncommonly generous with our resources when it comes to people, finances, our building, time and energy.
- We support the growth of the kingdom even when it doesn’t result in a larger. congregation or credit to our name.
- We wholeheartedly pursue seeing Gods kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven.
- We invest in the kingdom of God globally and beyond our territory.
Matthew 6:33, Luke 6:38, Genesis 38:9-10, Matthew 25:14-30 – Parable of the Three Servants
Luke 19:12-27 – Parable of Talents
Matthew 6:9-13 – Lord’s Prayer
Luke 15:3-7 – Parable of the Lost Sheep
Matthew 18:12-14 – Parable of the Lost Sheep
Luke 15:11-32 – Prodigal Son
2 Cor. 10:15-18
PIONEERING (better ways) OVER SETTLING (for second best)
Embracing innovation, risk taking, sending and being sent over a culture of convenience, comfort, and protecting the status quo.
Demonstrated by: - We are not called to a place of comfort but challenged to go beyond.
- We will press into the territory God has given us to occupy.
- We would rather build a bridge to reach someone new than a bunker to keep people out.
- We are not called to fear but to faith.
- We are committed to strive toward greatness rather than settle for good enough.
We value the collective potential of the Body of Christ and each members’ unique contribution.
- We build ministry teams of everyday believers working together rather than individual superstars.
- We are each unique in our gifts, talents and experiences and we seek to see those gifts discovered and expressed through all God’s people.
- We believe God accomplishes more through creative collaboration within the Church and in the community.
- We partner with the Holy Spirit to see believers discover their purpose and use their gifts to be a blessing.
Ephesians 4:11-13, Romans 12:6-8, Romans 12:9-10, Mark 12:31, Luke 6:27-28, 1 Peter 3:8-9, Philippians 2:3-8, 2 Cor. 8:9, Galatians 5:13, Romans 15:1-3, Psalm 133:1
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe the Old and New Testaments to be the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return to this earth in power and glory to rule until there is a new heaven and earth.
We believe that God’s Plan of Redemption centers in the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ for a fallen human race and that without the saving benefits and the grace of God in Christ’s work of atonement, we are forever lost.
We believe in the shed blood of Christ, and that the only means of being cleansed and forgiven of sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ.
We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
We believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the cross and through His resurrection and His glorification with the Father provides deliverance from the bondage of Satan and healing for the total person – spirit, soul and body.
We believe that all the power of the Holy Spirit is given through a baptism with the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, and is given to all who ask for it that Christ might be glorified through the believer’s life and witness.
We believe in the perfecting work of the Holy Spirit in all who pursue the calling of God and are consecrated through His Word.
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost; the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.
We believe in the Church, the Body of Christ, as a distinctive people called, redeemed, sanctified and chosen to be a people to the praise of God’s Glory, set apart to bear witness to the Lordship and saving Grace of Jesus Christ, and ministering to one another through faith and love in the upbuilding of the Body through principles of God’s revealed Word.
We believe in the disciplined Christian life, seeking always the pleasure of the Heavenly Father, the winning of the lost, the edification of the Body, and being consecrated to following Jesus Christ where He leads.